- 48. Peoples, B. K., E. Judson, T. L. Darden, D. J. Farrae, K. Kubach, J. Leitner, and M. C. Scott. Modeling Distribution of Endemic Bartram’s Bass Micropterus sp. cf. coosae: Disturbance and Proximity to Invasion Source Increase Hybridization with Invasive Alabama Bass. North American Journal of Fisheries Management
- 47. Moran, Z. S., J. N. Stoeckel, and B. K. Peoples. 2021. Environmental Variation and Habitat Use Affect Blue Catfish Low‐Frequency Electrofishing Catch Rates. North American Journal of Fisheries Management.
- 46. Denison, C. D., M. C. Scott, K. M. Kubach, and B. K. Peoples. 2021. Incorporating network connectivity into stream classification frameworks. Environmental Management 67:291-307.
- 45. Greene, A. D., F. P. Reay-Jones, K. R. Kirk, B. K. Peoples, and J. K. Greene. 2021. Associating Site Characteristics With Distributions of Pestiferous and Predaceous Arthropods in Soybean. Environmental Entomology 50:477-488.
- 44. Midway, S. R., A. J. Lynch, B. K. Peoples, M. Dance, and R. Caffey. 2021. COVID-19 influences on US recreational angler behavior. PLoS ONE 16:e0254652.
- 43. Bower, L. M., B. K. Peoples, M. C. Eddy, and M. C. Scott. 2021. Quantifying flow–ecology relationships across flow regime class and ecoregions in South Carolina. Science of the Total Environment:149721.
- 42. Stoczynski, L., B. L. Brown, S. R. Midway, and B. K. Peoples. 2021. Landscape features and study design affect elements of metacommunity structure for stream fishes across the eastern USA. Freshwater Biology 66:1736-1750.
- 41. Denison, C. D., M. C. Scott, K. M. Kubach, and B. K. Peoples. 2021. Integrating Regional Frameworks and Local Variability for Riverine Bioassessment. Environmental Management 68:126-145.
- 40. Brumm, K. J., R. D. Hanks, R. F. Baldwin, and B. K. Peoples. 2021. Accounting for multiple dimensions of biodiversity to assess surrogate performance in a freshwater conservation prioritization. Ecological Indicators 122:107320.
- 39. Judson, E., T. L. Darden, D. Farrae, J. Leitner, and B. K. Peoples. 2021. Nesting microhabitat use and hybridisation of endemic Bartram's Bass in Savannah River tributaries. Ecology of Freshwater Fish
- 38. Silknetter, S., R. P. Creed, B. L. Brown, E. A. Frimpong, J. Skelton, and B. K. Peoples. 2020. Positive biotic interactions in freshwaters: A review and research directive. Freshwater Biology 65:811-832.
- 37. Peoples, B.K. A.J.S. Davis, S.R. Midway, J.D. Olden, and L. Stoczynski. 2020 Landscape scale driver of fish faunal homogenization and differentiation in the eastern United States. Hydrobiologia.
- 36. Kim, S., B. K. Peoples, and Y. Kanno. 2020. Diverse reproductive patterns of Bluehead Chub (Nocomis leptocephalus) and their relationships with nest size and interactions with an associate, Yellowfin Shiner (Notropis lutipinnis). Environmental Biology of Fishes 103:783-794
- 35. Thongda, W., M. Lewis, H. Zhao, B. Bowen, D. J. Lutz-Carrillo, B. K. Peoples, and E. Peatman. 2020. Species-diagnostic SNP markers for the black basses (Micropterus spp.): a new tool for black bass conservation and management. Conservation Genetics Resources 12:319-328.
- 34. Cushman, E. L., K. L. K. Métris, Y. Kanno, K. C. Pregler, B. K. Peoples, and T. L. Darden. 2020. Optimization of a Suite of Microsatellite Markers for Nocomis leptocephalus (Bluehead Chub) and Genetic Characterization of Two Populations in South Carolina. Southeastern Naturalist 19:192-204.
- 33. Schmitt, J.D., B.K. Peoples, A.J. Bunch, and D.J. Orth. 2019. Modeling the predation dynamics of invasive Blue Catfish in Chesapeake Bay. Fishery Bulletin 117:4.
- 32. Vine, J.R., Holbrook, S.C., W.C. Post, & B.K. Peoples. 2019. Using side-scan-sonar and N-mixture modeling to to estimate Atlantic Sturgeon spawning migration abundance. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 39: 939-950.
- 31. Vine, J. R., Holbrook, S. C., Post, W. C., & Peoples, B. K. 2019. Identifying Environmental Cues for Atlantic Sturgeon and Shortnose Sturgeon Spawning Migrations in the Savannah River. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society.
- 30. Arnhold, T. R., Penha, J., Peoples, B. K., & Mateus, L. A. 2019. Positive co‐occurrence between feeding‐associative savannah fishes depends on species and habitat. Freshwater Biology.
- 29. Midway, S. R., & Peoples. 2019., B. K. Effects of life‐history traits on stream fish abundances across spatial scales. Ecology of Freshwater Fish.
- 28. Silknetter, S., Kanno, Y., Kanapeckas Métris, K. L., Cushman, E., Darden, T. L., & Peoples, B. K. 2019. Mutualism or parasitism: Partner abundance affects host fitness in a fish reproductive interaction. Freshwater Biology, 64(1), 175-182.
- 27. Kočovský, P. M., P. S. Gaunt, B. K. Peoples, and E. A. Frimpong. 2019. Ethical Guidelines for Publication of Fisheries Research: Publications Overview Committee, American Fisheries Society. Fisheries 44:445-448.
- 26. Schmitt, J.D., B.K. Peoples, L. Castello, and D.J. Orth. 2018. Feeding ecology of generalist consumers: a case study of invasive blue catfish Ictalurus furcatus in Chesapeake Bay, Virginia, USA. Environmental Biology of Fishes DOI: 10.1007/s10641-018-0783-6.
- 25. Richard, J. C., Castello, L., Gurdak, D. J., Peoples, B. K., & Angermeier, P. L. 2018. Size‐structured habitat selection by arapaima in floodplain lakes of the Lower Amazon. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, 28(6), 1403-1413
- 24. Peoples, B.K. and S.R. Midway. 2018. Fishing pressure and species traits affect stream fish invasions both directly and indirectly. Diversity and Distributions 24(8): 1158-1168.
- 23. Floyd, S.P., B.K. Peoples, and E.A. Frimpong. 2018. Disentangling Reproductive Interactions among Communal Spawning Minnows Using Reproductive Condition and Visual Observations. American Midland Naturalist 179(2):166-178.
- 22. Peoples, B. K., S. Midway, J.T. Deweber, and T. Wagner. 2018. Catchment‐scale determinants of nonindigenous minnow richness in the eastern United States. Ecology of Freshwater Fish 27: 138-145.
- 21. Peoples, B.K. and R.R. Goforth. 2017. Commonality in traits and hierarchical structure of vertebrate establishment success. Diversity and Distributions 23: 854-862.
- 20. Peoples, B.K. and S.P. Floyd. 2017. Partner swapping and cheating: why do different minnow species spawn together? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 15(5) 275-276.
- 19. Peoples, B.K. and R.R. Goforth. 2017. The indirect role of species‐level factors in biological invasions. Global Ecology and Biogeography 26: 524-532.
- 18. Peoples, B.K., P.Cooper, E.A. Frimpong, and E.M. Hallerman. 2017. DNA Barcoding Elucidates Cyprinid Reproductive Interactions in a Southwest Virginia Stream. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 146: 84-91.
- 17. Peoples, B.K., S.R. Midway, D. Sackett, A. Lynch, and P.B. Cooney. 2016. Twitter Predicts Citation Rates of Ecological Research. PLoS ONE 11(11): e0166570.
- 16. Olinger, C.T., B.K. Peoples and E.A. Frimpong. 2016. Reproductive life history of Heterandria bimaculata (Heckel 1848) (Poeciliinae: Poeciliidae) in the Honduran interior highlands: trait variation along an elevational gradient. Neotropical Ichthyology 14.
- 15. Peoples, B.K. and E. A. Frimpong. 2016. Context-dependent outcomes in a reproductive mutualism between two freshwater fish species. Ecology and Evolution 6:1214-1233.
- 14. Peoples, B.K., S.P. Floyd and E.A. Frimpong. 2016. Nesting microhabitat comparison of Central stoneroller and Bluehead chub: potential inference for host-switching by nest associates. Journal of Freshwater Ecology 31: 251-259.
- 13. Peoples, B., M. Thompson, and B. Murphy. 2016. The journey of matriculation: A tool for developing learning through reflection. Transformative Dialogues: Teaching & Learning Journal 9:1-4.
- 12. Peoples, B.K. and E.A. Frimpong. 2016. Biotic interactions and habitat drive positive co-occurrence between facilitating and beneficiary stream fishes. Journal of Biogeography 43: 923-931.
- 11. Peoples, B.K., L.A. Blanc and E.A. Frimpong. 2015. Lotic cyprinid communities can be structured as nest webs and predicted by the stress-gradient hypothesis. Journal of Animal Ecology 84: 1666- 1677.
- 10. McManamay, R.A., B.K. Peoples, D.J. Orth, C.A. Dolloff and D.C. Matthews. 2015. Isolating causal pathways between flow and fish in the regulated river hierarchy. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 72: 1731-1748.
- 9. Bolton, C., B.K. Peoples and E.A. Frimpong. 2015. Recognizing gape limitation and interannual variability in bluehead chub nesting microhabitat use in a small Virginia stream. Journal of Freshwater Ecology 30: 503-511.
- 8. Peoples, B.K., R. A. McManamay, D.J. Orth, and E.A. Frimpong. 2014. Nesting habitat use by river chub in a hydrologically variable Appalachian tailwater. Ecology of Freshwater Fish 23: 283-293.
- 7. Peoples, B.K. 2013. Using social media to improve communication in the fisheries profession and engage the public. In Schaeffer, J. 143rd annual meeting wrap up: thank you Little Rock. Fisheries 38: 564-565
- 6. Peoples, B.K. and E.A. Frimpong. 2013. Evidence of mutual benefits of nest association among freshwater cyprinids and implications for conservation. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems 23: 911-923.
- 5. Peoples, B.K. and E.A. Frimpong. 2012. A snapshot analysis of age distributions of fishes in urban and forested Virginia streams. Urban Ecosystems 15: 927-937.
- 4. Peoples, B.K. 2012. Focus on the positive: how one little fish helps sustain aquatic biodiversity. Fisheries 37: 476.
- 3. Pendleton, R.M., J.J. Pritt, B.K.Peoples, and E.A. Frimpong. 2012. The strength of Nocomis nest association contributes to patterns of rarity and commonness in New River, Virginia cyprinids. American Midland Naturalist 168: 203-218.
- 2. Peoples, B.K., M.B. Tainer, and E.A. Frimpong. 2011. Bluehead chub nesting activity: a potential mechanism of population persistence in degraded stream habitats. Environmental Biology of Fishes 90: 379-391.
- 1. Peoples, B.K. and E.A. Frimpong. 2011. Among-pass, interregional, and single- versus multiple season comparisons of detection probabilities of stream fishes. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 140: 67-83.